Wednesday, June 02, 2010

How to Dial a Rotary Telephone and more.

How to Dial a Rotary Telephone!

As dial telephones were introduced - replacing operator service - instructions were shown in movie theaters as to how to use the new instruments.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIDw75mUl6c&feature=related

Telephone Doctor Customer Service Training
Telephone Doctor eLearning that addresses how the provide excellent customer service when customers are very upset.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDvEWS018nw

Learn the most common phrases and expressions for making phone calls in English. In this beginner English lesson you will see two phone conversations. You will learn how to answer the phone, how to ask to speak to someone, and how to take a message. You will also learn how to cancel an appointment and reschedule for another time.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-W6dXfm7YE


6 Quick tips to help you diffuse anger and create calm with unhappy customers. This video is part of a 25-module online video course for customer service professionals. If you'd like to learn more, please go to http://www.goldenmethod.com.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACKbkmO9rLg&feature=related

Do you usually speak on the phone in English?
Do you call overseas or to EU and use your English?
Do you find it hard?
How do you cope with difficult and/or angry customers?
Please, do tell us!!

2 comments:

  1. Rocio Rilo - C.A. A Coruña6/05/2010 09:03:00 pm

    Hello!
    It's been a while since I last wrote on the blog! I took a short break from study and here I am checking what's new.
    I've found this entry really interesting and useful for my job, specially the last video about tips for dealing with angry customers.
    I usually speak on the phone in English because I work at a hotel's front desk.
    At the beginning it was hard to communicate in English by phone because I used to get very nervous, but now I realise it's only a matter of putting it into practice.
    I must say that 'English in the tourist industry' book was really helpful at the time of learning new tourism vocabulary.
    I always try to be kind and polite on the phone, whether I speak in English or Spanish, and if there's any angry customer I do my best to make them feel I sympathize with them and that I'm very sorry for the inconvenience they may have been through and always look for a way to solve their problem myself or with my front desk manager's help.
    Smiling on the phone really helps, although it could sound quite funny, but it's true that the person on the other side of the line notices it and they usually change their tone of voice when they listen to a happy employee.
    However, last week I was so cheerful when I answered a phone call that the customer thought I was laughing at her!! I was really embarassed and apologised to her.
    The most difficult calls for me are the ones with people from countries that English is not their mother tongue. For example, German, Italian or Japanese people are har to understand if they do not speak English very fluent.
    Of course I don't speak the best English myself, but it can be very funny listening to me trying to communicate with foreign customers ;)

    Kind regards and best of luck for next week exams!

    Ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good video the fisrt one! I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete